1. INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) is one of the flagship pgmes of Deptt of Science & Tech (DST), GoI.
2. INSPIRE awards MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations & Knowledge) is exec by DST in sp with National Innovation Foundation (NIF), an autonomous body of DST.
3. Under this, schools can nominate 5 best ideas/innovations of the children in the age gp of 10-15 yrs (In class 6th – 10th) through its website.
Steps involved in the process :
4. Schools upload 5 best ideas/innovations for District Level Exhibition & Proj Competition (DLEPC) through its website.
5. Shortlisted ideas get an award of Rs 10,000/- for making the working model (WM) of respective ideas. And then the WM are displayed at Distt Institute of Edu & Research, Kupwara.
6. Best 10000 WM across the country are shortlisted for State Level Exhibition & Proj Competition (SLEPC), of which best 1000 ideas(countrywide) in SLEPC are further shortlisted for National Level Exhibition & Proj Competition (NLEPC)
7. Best 60 ideas in NLEPC are considered for product devp & displayed at annual Festival of Innovation & Entrepreneurship (FINE).
Achievements of AAGS, Budkot in INSPIRE awards MANAK:
8. AAGS registered for the awards in 2018 and since then, it has the maximum percentage of awardees in distt Kupwara. Detls as under:
– Session 2018-19 : 01 x idea shortlisted for SLEPC & 03 x ideas for DLEPC.
– Session 2019-20 : Ideas not uploaded due to Internet blockade in J&K.
– Session 2020-21 : All 05 x ideas shortlisted for DLEPC, further process for SLEPC NOT started yet.
– Session 2021- 2022 : Nominations & Registrations in prog.